Position Update 3.26.2014 9:35 AM EST

open outcry copy

[This content is protected for Refined Investor subscribers only.]

Good trading all.

Steve Chapman, TRI

If you would like to subscribe to The Refined Investor, then please visit the subscribe page above for more information. A subscription to The Refined Investor includes 5 daily reports per week with complete coverage of equities, currencies, commodities, and moves of interest from around the global markets. Complete strategies and risk management are presented in an entertaining and educational format for the independent investor. Subscribe today!

Older comments

33 comments on Position Update 3.26.2014 9:35 AM EST

1. SidMcguire
    March 26, 2014 at 10:55 AM (9 months ago)

has the s_&_p given any new clues as to which direction it wants to go?

• Steve Chapman
      March 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM (9 months ago)

The only clues we are seeing are bonds breaking higher. The VIX is still extremely complacent and stocks/US Dollar haven’t done anything. We are probably within 24 hours of a cycle low in metals if it isn’t put in today.

2. Pablo
    March 26, 2014 at 12:19 PM (9 months ago)

Still in NUGT? Even worst case, we should still get a bounce tomorrow, right?

• Steve Chapman
      March 26, 2014 at 12:25 PM (9 months ago)

I like to buy capitulation, and I would have added at the close if the primary trend wasn’t down now. Gold technically had a great finish after running the stops below $1300, the 50 MA, and the 200 MA and forming a momentum divergence. I was fooled by the overall size of this move down and admit that I bought a few hours too early because Wave 5 hadn’t occurred yet. This bear could be big.

3. David Akridge
    March 26, 2014 at 12:55 PM (9 months ago)

Steve, my NUGT/DUST hedge got out of balance in favor of the DUST position so I added another traunch of NUGT at 3:58 EST @ $34.37 avg. Balanced out and ready for either an up or down day tomorrow. Looks like POG bounced off the $1,300 level with NUGT up almost 1% in after-hours trading. If POG continues up overnight and into the open, I may get brave enough to add another traunch of NUGT in the morning. Thank you for explaining things so that even I can understand what’s happening!

Older comments